The Control Systems Programmer develops control solutions for complex audio visual systems. You will have 3-5 years of commercial in-field AV installation and Extron, QSYS, Crestron or AMX programming experience of an Intermediate to Advanced level. Candidates should be a certified in Extron, QSYS, Crestron and/or AMX platforms and have a high level of proficiency in the technical installation of audiovisual systems. CTS certifications are also preferred. Candidates should be experienced in coordinating with audio visual engineers and customers to develop touch panel designs aimed at intuitive user experiences. Ability to trouble-shoot complex audio, video, switching and control systems problems is required. This individual needs to be a team player with good organization and computer skill sets.
- Extron Pro Certification and/or QSYS Control Programmer Certification, preferred.
- Knowledge of standard software for DSP set-up, switcher set-up, video matrix, etc.
- Experience with Lua Code and programming languages like Python, preferred.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Visio).
- AutoCAD experience a plus.
- Acoustics knowledge and experience with EASE and Smaart Software is a plus.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- InfoComm CTS certification a plus.
- Effectively communicate with the Lead Technicians and fellow coworkers.
- Willingness to learn new skills and attend periodic certification trainings.
- Troubleshooting and service work, as needed.
- Assist with structured cabling work, as needed.
- Read, understand and implement project scope of work, wire schedules, and line drawings.
- Attend and participate in weekly team calls as directed by the Team Lead.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere as both a leader and contributor as assigned. At all times maintaining a professional and respectful demeanor.
- Overnight stays as needed for job related projects as well as off-site training.
- Minimum of 1,450 hours billed per fiscal year prorated based on start date. These charge hour requirements will be balanced against professional development and on the job training.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company policy.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma, preferred.
- 2-3 years of A/V field experience, preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, required.
- PC or Mac and Programming experience - preferred.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Visio - preferred.