The Internal IT Support Engineer I specializes in service and support for Heartland Technology Group, Inc. employees and internal IT systems. The primary duties include working directly with end users to troubleshoot and resolve IT related issues and to support and maintain company IT systems for all locations and entities.
- Analyze and troubleshoot IT related issues and apply understanding of computer software and hardware products and services to resolve end user problems.
- Receive and manage support requests from users having problems with computer software and/or hardware or inquiring how to use specific software, electronic mail, or operating systems.
- Work with end users to determine the nature of the problem, formulate a diagnosis, and assist with problem resolution.
- Utilize available resources to research issues and find solutions. Available resources include, but are not limited to, the Internet, product documentation, and co-workers.
- Remove terminated employees from the network following established procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, securing the hardware, imaging of the PC or laptop, and wiping the hard drive.
- Asset tag and catalog all new IT assets as specified by management. Maintain asset to user tracking information.
- Provide recommendations for replacement of hardware/software that is beyond its lifecycle.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades.
- Train users on operation of software and hardware.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication - Ability to communicate orally or in writing clearly, concisely, and efficiently.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of customers’ needs while following company policy.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Efficiency – Ability to perform tasks and resolve issues in a quick and timely fashion.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Prioritization – Ability to prioritize tasks based on levels of importance or criticality.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Skills & Abilities
Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school), preferred.
One to two years of related experience, preferred.
Microsoft Office Suite
Currently supported Windows Desktop OS(s)
Printer and PC/Laptop hardware troubleshooting and repair.
Certifications & Licenses: A+ certification, preferred.