The Lead Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is an experienced ISR who has the desire and ability to successfully and tactfully help manage change and provide leadership to the ISR role. Partnering with the ISR/CSR Manager, the Lead ISR will be expected to creatively and collaboratively problem solve with a broad cross-functional view to bring efficiency and commonality to ISR related processes. This role will serve as a leader and team builder of those in the ISR role.
- Identify specific ISR related functions needing improvement, define the process and inter-related functions, and help establish a standard process to bring increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- With other ISR leads, collaboratively help establish processes and guidelines for working with other HBS functions (i.e., Service Coordinators, Purchasing, Billing and Invoicing, etc.).
- Help reinforce the HBS brand, with ISR’s owning the customer end to end relationship related to internal HBS processes.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Region ISR team, interacting with the Region GM, to meet Sales support needs and to help meet, and exceed, the Region scorecard goals. Serve in a supervisory role, to include balancing the workload, approving time cards and time off, etc. Each member of the ISR organization will be expected to provide support for a minimum gross profit goal annually.
- Act as a member of the team providing ISR support to the Sales Region.
- Help introduce and garner the support of ISR team members with changes being implemented.
- Serve as a leader in transitioning to new operational software.
- Help define the ISR onboarding process and lead that process.
- Assist in defining and arranging other ISR training (e.g., Product 101, Vendor 101, HBS Portfolio 101).
- Introduce ideas for improved process efficiencies.
- Help build ISR team comradery and cohesion, and establish a positive, collaborative culture.
- Alert ISR/CSR Manager of process or team concerns which need to be addressed at that level or higher.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Team building – ability to help ensure that team members are invested in team activities and decisions, and that the team works together to achieve a goal.
- Problem solving – ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Change management – ability to see and encourage others to seek different and innovative approaches to addressing and solving problems and opportunities.
- Self-motivated – ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Training – ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them to a predetermined standard of work performance.
- Reliability – the trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Customer oriented – ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company policy.
- Communication, oral - ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, written – ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
Skills & Abilities
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) – strongly preferred.
Associate's Degree (two year college or university) with 3+ years of ISR and/or leadership experience. – required.
At least 3 years’ experience as an ISR in the technology industry – required.
Proven leadership ability – required.
Proficiency with Excel, Outlook and online tools – required.