16-02-171 :: 16-02-174
The Managed Services Engineer is responsible for first calls into the Network Operation Center (NOC) for support of managed solutions, monitor system issues, document processes, and maintain ownership of issue resolution, working with others members of Heartland and Avastone, to meet customer and internal SLAs. The NOC will be functioning 24X7. Additionally, this role will be responsible for assisting with Heartland’s internal security operations, HBS Hosted Services solutions and any additional internal initiatives. The engineer can be remote or out of the Little Chute office, but would need to be flexible for scheduling which would include nights, weekends & holidays.
- Monitor customer networks, servers, and security appliances.
- Remote application support, troubleshooting, and general maintenance of switches, routers, firewalls, servers, and storage.
- Work with clients remotely to troubleshoot system problems.
- Work with customer’s primary engineer to perform work on an as needed basis.
- Perform proactive maintenance duties such as switch upgrades, server patches, firewall rules, etc.
- Document all actions in accordance with standard company policies and procedures.
- Notify customer and third-party service providers of issues, outages and remediation status.
- Work with the DC manager to implement recommendations and ensure processes and procedures are followed.
- Support Dynamics GP DC hosted solutions by being first level support on customer issues related to infrastructure, authentication or security issues.
- Aid customers in cloud deployment issue resolution and monitor cloud available resource and credits.
- Work with the Information Security Officer to assist in internal security initiatives.
- Aid internal support with security operations and incident response.
- Design, plan and implement security patching of systems including all applications.
- Conduct regular security log reviews.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Oral Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Must be a self-starter, willing to work in an isolated environment.
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of hands-on IT experience, supporting a diverse set of systems infrastructure technologies and administration, including networking and systems
- 1+ years of Cloud experience
- Experience with Cisco & Palo Alto Firewalls
- Firewall Administration Experience
- MCSA Windows Server 2012
- CCNA- route/switch
- CompTIA Security+