This position is responsible for providing technical support and complex multiplatform solutions to our customers.
- Work as a member of the HBS networking team that provides consultative and proactive project management support to HBS’s account base.
- Obtain knowledge on other technologies, as directed by customer demand.
- Provide sales consultants and fellow Engineers with network design assistance, review, validation, and optimization of systems and protocols.
- Contribute to product selection and research, configuration standards and best practices and educate our sales teams on these products and services so that they can sell them.
- Attend and participate in weekly team calls as directed by the Team Lead.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere as both a leader and contributor as assigned. At all times maintaining a professional and respectful demeanor.
- Cross-Education/Mentoring of other Heartland Engineers or Technicians or related personnel.
- Project management. HBS is awarded many large computer installation and support jobs. The Consulting Engineer, in many cases, is not only responsible for the installation of IT solutions but is responsible for its design and management.
- Minimum of 1,450 hours billed per fiscal year prorated based on start date. These charge hour requirements will be balanced against professional development and on the job training.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company policy.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university).
- 10 or more years related experience.
- Current industry standard certifications in areas of expertise
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team orientated and knowledge contributor
- Ability to prioritize requirements and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Cisco UC proposals and Pre Sales engagements
- Proficient in Cisco UC project delivery and support
- Expert experience with Cisco UC design
- Expert experience participating AND leading enterprise level projects
- Experience with Cisco video products and design
- Expressway C/E
- Jabber Guest
- MCU and Telepresence Server
- Minimum UC application experience include:
- CUCM (Cisco Unified Communications Manager)
- CUC (Cisco Unity Connection)
- UCCX (Unified Contact Center Express)
- In depth knowledge of advanced scripting
- CER (Cisco Emergency Responder)
- IM&P (IM and Presence) / Jabber
- Informacast and Plug-ins
- H323,MGCP,SIP, SCCP protocols
- Good Cisco switch experience
- Good Cisco routing experience (Including CUBE)
- QOS configuration and implementation experience