The Administrative Assistant will perform complex secretarial work of an administrative nature.
- Compile data from records to prepare periodic reports.
- Communicate clear and concise explanations of policies.
- Gather records pertinent to specific problems, review them for completeness and accuracy, and attach records to correspondence as necessary.
- Respond to internal and external requests for the release of information in accordance with company policy.
- Provide all administrative support for assigned department.
- Answer incoming calls, take messages and ensure that requests for action or information are taken care of with efficiently.
- Assemble and maintain employment packets.
- Assists with reference checks.
- Maintain and update all department software programs with up to date information. Complete all checklists associated with employment changes, address changes, etc.
- Maintains Department inbox/calendar.
- Prepares materials, makes copies, and any other general clerical duties, as requested.
- Maintains confidential information contained within the assigned Department
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining official documents and records in appropriate file
- Attend Department meetings, as requested, to take notes or furnish information.
- Support Employee Communication (postings, meetings, newsletter, holidays, etc.).
- Special Occasion Recognition (employee birthdays, anniversaries, deaths, births, etc.).
- Complete Administrative Fleet Management responsibilities.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.Time Management -
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
Skills & Abilities
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED), required.
- 2 plus years of experience in an administrative role, required.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes; required.
- Ability to learn new computer programs; required.
- Computer Skills:
- Proficient in computer applications such as: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook; required.
Proficient in computer applications such as: MS Publisher, MS Visio; preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets