Consulting Engineers are responsible for providing technical support and complex multiplatform solutions to our customers.
- Work as a member of the HBS networking team that provides consultative and proactive project management support to HBS’s account base.
- Provide sales consultants and fellow Engineers with network design assistance, review, validation, and optimization of systems and protocols.
- Contribute to product selection and research, configuration standards and best practices. Educate our sales teams on these products and services. Cross-Education/Mentoring of other Heartland Engineers.
- Ability to take a leadership role in team and customer meetings.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere as both a leader and contributor as assigned. At all times maintaining a professional and respectful demeanor.
- Ability to be self-confident and able to defend and support their decisions.
- Strong presales consulting skills in order to frame the solution and communicate that design to the customer and to other functional groups as needed.
- Project management: Ability to demonstrate an understanding of planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling work tasks
- Comfortable communicating in most mediums including oral, written presentation and using digital media
- Minimum of 1,450 hours billed per fiscal year prorated based on start date. These charge hour requirements will be balanced against professional development and on the job training.
- Obtain knowledge on other technologies, as directed by customer demand.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Autonomy – Ability to complete assigned tasks with little oversight
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company policy.
- Deductive Reasoning – Ability to apply principles of logic or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems and the ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables
- Presentation Skills – Ability to effectively present information to a group
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university), preferred.
- 3-5 years of industry experience. Previous consulting experience preferred
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience with designing and implementing Small Business solutions
- Experience with multiple enterprise backup solutions
- Current industry standard certifications in areas of expertise
- MCSA 2008 or above
- CCNA R/S
- VCP5 or above
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets