The FP&A Manager is responsible for collecting, monitoring, and analyzing profitability by segment along with monthly Financial Statement analysis and review. Additionally, this position will drive streamlined executive reporting initiatives and model building.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Drive financial reporting efficiency and promote transparent performance indicators.
- Engage project team to streamline financial processes and back-office support functions.
- Plan, develop, and implement automated commission process with the support of Controller.
- Manage monthly internal audit of financial statements.
- Plan, develop, and implement departmental budgeting for all HBS.
- Produce key performance indicators highlighting financial performance and trends (weekly, monthly, quarterly).
- Provide support to Controller by analyzing and benchmarking segment profitability and performance.
- Plan, develop, and implement streamlined executive reporting packet(s).
- Assist in the development and delivery of process improvement initiatives.
- Manage Financial Analysts with a positive attitude and engagement.
- Provide expectations and guidance for FP&A staff re: department roles & responsibilities.
- Act as financial contact for Management.
- Develop ad hoc financial reporting.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Variance reporting based on metrics / goals set by Controller
- Recommend new programs/initiatives to drive financial performance.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Relationship Building – Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Risk Taker – Ability to take calculated risks or to stretch the limits of comfort zones.
- Self-Confident – The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Skills & Abilities
Education: 4-year college degree with major in Accounting or Finance, required
- 3+ years’ experience in a financial / business analytics role, required
- 3+ years’ management experience, required
Certification: CPA, preferred