The Inside Sales Representative acts in a support role to outside sales representatives, and has the responsibility of maintaining the entire internal sales process to established accounts, ensuring quality of work and excellent customer service while increasing sales through the introduction of product offerings. Builds long-term, consultative customer relationships to increase profits.
- Manage all aspects of the internal sales cycle from beginning to end to ensure all products are quoted and ordered in a timely manner, delivered as expected, engineering resource dates are scheduled, the customer has been informed, the engineer has everything necessary to finish the job, and the install is completed.
- Provide post-install support to include follow up with the customer to make sure all concerns have been covered, as well as hardware/software registrations have been properly recorded for future tracking.
- Initiate, track and follow up with all sales and service requests with internal resources including service coordinators, engineers and accounting.
- Maximize existing client business relationships by being the main point of contact for customers and facilitate resolution of any and all matters internal to Heartland. Be the liaison between accounting and the appropriate sales representative for problems regarding collection issues, order questions, service block follow-up, missing signatures, and any other problem situation. Escalate ongoing or “hot” issues to the sales representative for resolution, as needed.
- Reach expected monthly sales goals of assigned sales team. Overall, annually, ISRs are expected to support approximately $600,000 in Gross Profit. This may be higher in some markets.
- Collect and process necessary paperwork from customers, which could include credit apps, signed standards terms and conditions, labor blocks, etc.
- Understand solutions sold to customers to identify new opportunities, and communicate these to the appropriate sales representative.
- Provide innovative ideas on sales support process improvements. Collaborate with other ISR’s to build a team atmosphere. Develop positive relationships with colleagues in the Sales, Finance and Engineer/Service organizations.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customer while following company policy.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method.
Skills & Abilities
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) – strongly preferred.
Associate's Degree (two year college or university) with 2+ years of ISR or progressive customer service experience – required.
2 years in the technology industry – preferred.
Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word - required.