Managed Services Engineer
West Des Moines, IA
The Managed Services Engineer is responsible for providing high quality technical support and systems solutions to our customers.
Work with the Engineering Team and schedule technical staff as needed to meet customer needs
- Provide network design assistance, review, validation, and optimization of systems and protocols.
- Obtain knowledge on other technologies, as directed by customer demand.
- Contribute to product selection and research, configuration standards and best practices
- Cross-Education/Mentoring of other Heartland Engineers or Technicians or related personnel.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere. At all times maintain a professional and respectful demeanor.
- Project management as required by client.
- Initiate process and procedures and ensure consistency of service delivery.
- Proactively seek training/certifications to enable a broad base of understanding in the Helpdesk area – ultimately with a goal to resolve ~85% of customer calls without a Field Engineer visit.
- Build relationships with Field Engineering team.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company policy.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Skills & Abilities
- Education/Certifications Preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university)
- Current industry standard certifications in areas of expertise
- Experience Required:
- Six months to one year of related experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets