Managed Services Engineer III
The Managed Services Engineer III is responsible for providing technical support, documentation, maintaining systems, and improving the processes and systems of the Data Center to meet the defined business goals of the organization.
- Work as a member of the HBS data center team located in Phoenix, AZ that provides support to HBS’s account base located in both Phoenix IO and Phoenix NAP Data Centers.
- Design, install, monitor and maintain Data Center operations and its related systems. Our Data Center provides 24/7 coverage and will include an on call rotation.
- Contribute to product selection and research, configuration standards and best practices and educate our sales teams on these products and services so that they can sell them.
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly data center meetings.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere as both a leader and contributor as assigned. At all times maintaining a professional and respectful demeanor.
- Cross-Education/Mentoring of other Data Center personnel, Heartland Engineers or related personnel.
- Perform remote hands for support of other clients located in Phoenix IO.
- Focus on system configuration of Cisco Networking and Security Devices, VMWare ESXi Hosts, Microsoft and Linux Servers, Dell & HP Brand Servers, Nimble & Dell Equallogic SAN Storage, Veeam Backup, Zenoss monitoring.
- Responsible for maintenance, upgrades and support of Data Center systems with a focus on virtualization, networking, servers, backup, disaster recovery, and SAN storage.
- Assist in Data Center disaster recovery readiness efforts.
- Achieve and maintain industry compliance in the Data Center.
- Set up monitoring services in Data Center.
- Document changes and activities in the Data Center.
- Provide technical support to hosting customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company policy.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university).
- 5 or more years related experience.
- Current industry standard certifications in areas of expertise
- Experience with Cisco UCS, Dell Servers, VMWare ESXi , Zenoss Monitoring
- Experience with Cisco & Dell Networking, Dell Equallogic & Nimble Storage
- Experience with Cattools
- Experience with AWS or Azure
- CCNP Datacenter (Route & Switch)
- MCSE: Server Infrastructure
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets