Responsible for leading design, coding, unit testing and documentation of applications for our customers.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Design, coding, unit testing and documentation of software.
- Develop using cutting edge technologies to match the fit for our customer from a time, budget, and technical needs.
- Leverage CMS systems to provide a foundation framework for our customer
- Estimate development effort required to deliver small and large projects.
- Mentor other developers in developing scalable, secure, responsive applications.
- Provide application support with focus on customer satisfaction and quality.
- Follow Agile development practices for delivering software components.
- Presales consulting in order to frame in solution architectures.
- Design reusable services and components to build composite applications.
- Provide leadership role in designing applications for our customers.
- Working Under Pressure – Desire to develop applications in a fast-paced consulting environment.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to quickly learn new technologies to deliver solutions.
- Time Management- Strong time management skills.
- Detail Oriented – Produce high quality work deliverables leveraging defined methods/standards within Avastone.
- Adaptability- Ability to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight timeframes.
- Communication, Oral – Good ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Good ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to mentor other software engineers and lead development efforts.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Customer Oriented – Expertise in Professional Services or similar client facing roles in a client/vendor relationship
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) in business or related I.T. discipline.
- 6+ years related experience designing and building web based applications.
- Web Focused
- 4+ years’ experience developing websites utilizing CMS systems or SharePoint
- Working knowledge of .NET technologies including C#, ASP.NET MVC, Silverlight, CLR, and ADO.NET
- Working knowledge on SEO concepts and integrating into websites
- Developer level certifications in CMS systems or SharePoint
- NET Focused
- 4+ years’ experience utilizing C#, ASP.NET MVC, Silverlight, CLR, and ADO.NET
- Strong experience with unit testing frameworks, continuous integration processes
- Experience with code first, O/R mapping, Entity Framework
- Experience with CSLA a plus
- Ability to triage complex component level issues including performance issues.
- Good knowledge in server side and client side development practices.
- Strong Object Oriented development experience utilizing design patterns.
- Working knowledge of SQL utilizing MS SQL Server or Oracle.
- Mobile application development experience a plus.
- Microsoft developer level certification.